Discover the essential details of the UAE Labor Card with us in this blog. Issued by the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MoHRE), this crucial document is vital for legal employment. We will equip you with all the information from its functions and eligibility criteria to necessary documents for employees and employers. Further, learn how to check your Labor Card number via the MoHRE app or Tas’heel Service Centers. Understand the validity, renewal process, and associated penalties, ensuring compliance. So, let’s go!
Understanding Labor Card
To begin with, let us first understand the Labor Card in the UAE. It is an official document that the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MoHRE) issues to provide permission to individuals to work legally in the UAE for a specific employer and occupation. Have a look at the essential characteristics below:
Who needs it?
All foreign employees working in the UAE, regardless of profession or salary, require a Labor Card. Exceptions include:
- Self-employed individuals
- Certain domestic workers
- Allows access to work-related benefits like health insurance
- Enables payroll processing and salary transfer
- Serves as identification for immigration and security purposes
Key information on the card:
- Employee name and nationality
- Employer name and contact details
- Occupation and work permit number
- Labor card number and expiration date
- Personal identification number
Documents Required To Apply For Labor Card
To apply for the Labor card in the UAE, the following required documents are required:
For the Employee:
- Entry Visa
- Passport-sized photographs: Usually 2-3 recent photographs.
- Educational certificates (optional): Copies of relevant degrees or diplomas may be needed, depending on the job.
- Medical fitness certificate: Issued by a UAE-approved healthcare facility.
For the Employer:
- Company trade license: A copy of the valid trade license.
- Employment contract: It should be signed by both employee and employer with the terms of employment.
- Establishment card: This identifies the company as a registered employer with MoHRE.
These are the major documents required for obtaining a Labor card in the UAE. To eliminate any future inconvenience, we recommend you check the official website.
Eligibility To Get A Labor Card
The following are some major eligibility criteria to get a Labor Card in the UAE, have a look:
Age: Your age should be between 18 and 60.
Health: You must be physically and mentally fit to work, as certified by a UAE-approved medical examination.
Academic Qualifications: You must possess the required academic qualifications for the desired job.
Employment Sponsorship: You must have a sponsorship from a UAE-based employer.
- Self-employed individuals
- Certain domestic workers employed directly by a UAE national family
- Diplomatic personnel working for foreign embassies or consulates
These are the major eligibility criteria to get a Labor card in the UAE. To eliminate any future inconvenience, we recommend you check the official website.
How To Check Your Labor Card Number?
In order to check your Labor card number, you have the following two major options:
Using the MoHRE App:
Before we get into the method, you must know that this method requires your UAE pass.
- Download and install the MoHRE UAE app.
- Sign in using your UAE Pass and click on your profile picture.
- You will get your Labor Card number, issue date, expiry date, and other details.
- Scroll a little to see a digital copy of your Labor Card and tap on “View Labour card” and you will get your Labor card number.
Visiting a Tas’heel Service Center:
If you do not have a UAE Pass or prefer in-person help, you can go to any Tas’heel service center in the UAE near you. You just have to inform the center staff about your requirement to check your Labor Card number. They will ask you for your passport or Emirates ID to get your Labor card number and provide you required information.
Validity And Renew Of Your Labor Card
The validity of a Labor card in the UAE is as follows:
- Standard: 2 years
- Government: 3 years
If you want to renew your Labor card, initiate the renewal procedure within 50 days of the expiry date. To renew your Labor card, the following documents are required:
- Application form: Filled out by your employer.
- Passport copy: Yours and your employer’s.
- Labor Card copy: The existing card that needs renewal.
- Employment contract: Copy of the current valid contract.
- Medical fitness certificate: Valid medical test result from a UAE-approved healthcare facility.
- Additional documents: Specific documentation based on profession or free zone regulations might be required.
Penalties Related To Labor Card
There are a number of strict rules and associated penalties to them. Have a look at the detailed penalties for both employees and employers:
|Fine per offense
|Working without a valid card
|Can lead to deportation
|Leaving UAE without canceling card
|Travel ban until cancellation
|Damaging Labor Card
|Fine per offense
|Failure to obtain/renew Labor Card
|Per month, per employee
|Employing workers without a valid card
|Business closure possible for repeat offenders
|Delaying salary payments
|Capped at the employee’s monthly salary
|Violating working hours
|Depends on severity and frequency
This is a brief overview for informational purposes only. Penalties vary based on specific circumstances and regulations. Consult the MoHRE website or a legal professional for current information.
To Sum It Up
In the end, you are now equipped with all the necessary information related to the Labor card in the UAE. We have covered it all for you, from its validity and functions to the penalties and renewal so you do now have to be confused anywhere else. Share this information with all your friends to pass them with comprehensive and authentic information.